Monday, August 2, 2010

Road to Recovery, More Wedding, and Knee Surgery


Hey friends! Still coming to you from St. Luke's Hospital. My sister is doing better and better! Thank you for your sweet comments on my posting below! She is now on a different floor which means I can be with her all the time and not limited to three 30 minute visitations a day. She has had a few of her drainage tubes pulled out and 3 more to go which should be today and tomorrow. She is finally being allowed to eat ice cream but unfortunately most of her nurtition is still coming by a feeding tube. The feeding tube should come out tomorrow and she will start a liquid diet first then slowly move into a regular diet! No clue yet when she will be able to come home, but I am hoping before my graduation. She won't be able to come for health reasons but just to be able to come home after and see her would mean the world! My fiance's family is bringing there video camera so they can film me walk to stage and she will at least be able to see it! :)

So my family is finally really getting on the bandwagon for the wedding! My dad paid the deposits on the harpist for the ceremony and the photographer which you can check out her site here!! I was so happy! I know they have wanted to get going on the wedding but understandably my sister was our main priority, and still is!! It's still nice to see things going more into motion.

My knee replacement surgery is officially scheduled for August 31st and I am definitely ready for it! I have had a lot of pain lately and I'm ready for surgery pains to begin because even those aren't as bad as this pain. My ankle replacement surgery won't be scheduled until I have mostly recovered from the knee surgery, but my guess is sometime beginning of October.
Hope y'all have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you can get lots of rest before your surgery -- not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good news all around! Glad things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miss Michal Renee, I have been following your blog about your sister with PH. I also have a family member with it but unfortunately cannot get the heart/lung transplant due to multiorgan failure. They're not sure what caused it maybe the medicines or the disease itself(??). I'm very glad to read about your sister's continual progress and I am happy doctors and other people are learning more about this horrible disease. Sorry but I cannot tell you exactly how I fell onto your blog but I also was very much reading on the pulmonary hypertension association website so I'm thinking you might be interested in reading that too. Please email me back,maybe we can share info,etc. My email's wm2376@yahoo.com(not a guy,i'm female but to keep confidentiality on the internet).
    By the way there's a PH meeting w/doctors as well as family,patients,etc. coming Oct. 2 in Dallas,TX. Thanks for reading this far;prayers and positive thoughts for your sister's continual progress and recovery. "wm. thomas".

    ReplyDelete