Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"How Would You Rate Your Pain On the Pain Scale?"


So I've had this question asked a lot at therapy and I always pick a number that is better than it actually is because I HATE people knowing that I am in pain. It's been a tough couple of days mainly because I am having pain drug withdrawals as I come off of them more and more!! It's good because I need to get off of them as bad as they are for me to be on as long as I have. My moods have been so up and down and I know my family is ready for me to be completely off of them!! I feel bad for them, but sadly I've been feeling more sorry for myself. :( As selfish as I know that sounds it is the truth...it's just that nobody actually knows.



On a better note...we are almost halfway paid for our Carnival cruise honeymoon!!! We were going to downgrade from the huge suite that is a lot more than we should be paying for, but Quade went on ahead and booked the one that exceeded our desires. Besides, you only have one honeymoon..at least that's the way I am going to keep it! We will be going to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; and Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands on the Carnival Conquest!! We leave the day after the wedding and we only have to drive to Galveston that morning which is nothing for us. :D I actually went on this same exact cruise with my family 2 years ago and it was awesome!! I'm even more excited not just because it is my honeymoon ;) but because it will be Quade's first cruise! Plus, we will finally get to do the Mayan ruin excursion that I have been dying to go on every one of the 3 times I have been on a cruise to Cozumel with my family.

Have you been on a cruise before and if so where did you go?

3 comments:

  1. Never been on a cruise before but want to! Yours sounds like so much fun! A nice thing to look forward to. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From "wmthomas"(sorry still can't get that 'anonymous' to go away)
    Easy question first:no,never been on a cruise but would like to one day to Alaska. Another place I want to visit is Australia. It's nice your husband-to-be booked the upgraded one...y'all are right,there's only one honeymoon.
    As far as pain,sorry but I disagree. Mainly I would right up front tell them about your pain level. First, maybe something's wrong. Second,it needs to be treated. They,in the medical field,now consider it a vital sign like heart rate and blood pressure. If your blood pressure was too high or too low,wouldn't you do anything to treat that? What about if your heart rate was too low?? You need to understand pain=physiological stress and it also taxes your immune system and any other integrative body systems like endocrine system,etc...Third,those drugs are not bad if used correctly.In your case, you are using them correctly. One thing though maybe alternate drug classes w/each other kind of like intermittently see if that helps(that is if this switching does not worsen your control of pain). Ok enough lecture(sorry if offensive since I barely know you).
    Sorry so long,basically whatever it takes:you need to get the pain under control in order to heal."wmthomas"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend and I went on a 7 day cruise in March 2010 to the Western Caribbean. We went to the Grand Cayman Islands, Isla Roatoan, Belize, and Cozumel. We went on the Carnival Valor. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete