Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ankle Update


I know I said that I would give an update last weekend after my surgery, but I've been a lot more out of it than figured I was going to be. Thursday morning we left my house at 5 AM to give us plenty of time to get to the Methodist hospital. We were almost an hour and half early but my dad figured if we would have left any later than we did we would have gotten right in the middle of morning traffic. I was excited when they let us in early thinking they might get started early however surgery still didn't get started until sometime between 10:30 and 11:00. Everything from the time I woke up until that night is really fuzzy. My sister even filmed me on her phone and showed me yesterday and it was pretty funny. I do remember my sweet friend Christa calling to check on me and Quade staying by my side until he, my dad, and my sister had to drive back home since only one person could stay with me. Early Friday morning they came and put my cast on and they discharged me from the hospital at 12:30. Since then I've pretty much slept and moved around as little as possible. I did go to church with my family and Quade Sunday because it was the very first Sunday for our new pastor to begin. Hopefully later today my mom or dad will be going to town to get my wheelchair so I can get around less painfully. The crutches and walker that I have been using are really starting to bother my other joints.

I just hope the next couple weeks go by fast until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving I will hopefully be getting my cast off and my walking boot on so I can gradually start putting more and more weight back on my new ankle.

Well the drugs are starting to get to me again so until next time...

Have a great rest of the week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Get your rest and heal up! Glad the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your surgery went well! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete