Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow, Time Capsule, and Super Bowl Party!!

Hey ladies! Hope y'all had a great weekend and for those lucky ones who got snow like I did..I hope you enjoyed it too!! Here's some of the fun I had with our snow day!!

Tex is confused..he's so cute! He's 4 years old today!!


Michelle is happy to be inside looking OUT


Backyard view

Yay for our wedding day!!

Quade about to nail me with a snowball..and he got me good too sadly

About seventy-five years ago, the community where I go to church sealed up a time capsule in the historic bell tower. It as supposed to be opened in 50 years but instead was discovered late last year. Saturday morning was the day to reseal up the time capsule and create a new one as well. So over the last few months my church and the community has been collecting small things for the new time capsule.

Quade and I's contribution to the time capsule...our wedding invitation :)


We can't wait to come back when they reopen the time capsule because it will be our 50 year anniversary!!

Saturday morning was the day we resealed up the old time capsule and included the new one. Here's the process...


Quade helped to carry the stone

Before shot...



Putting in the time capsules


Sealing it up


...Finished!


While they were resealing the time capsules, I got to re-live my childhood by ringing the historic bell. As you can tell by the look on my face...IT'S HARD!!!


I used to look forward to ringing the bell with my sister every Sunday before church started. I was so short, I would swing across from side to side holding onto the pole like a monkey...yes I was goofy!


Finally, Sunday of course was SUPER BOWL!! Every year my family hosts the Super Bowl party for my church at our house and there's always lots of people and ESPECIALLY plenty of food!!

Main room spread


Room #2 spread

Quade and our friend, Bekka

Ladies chatting instead of watching

And what made the night the best....

MY TEAM WON!!



HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEK!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your picture of your pets in the snow! They are so cute! And what a good looking Super Bowl food spread! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun weekend! :) All that food look so good!

    ReplyDelete