Monday, August 8, 2011

Allergies, the Weekend, and North Dakota



My hubby and I had a great weekend with his family and at our friend's surprise birthday party. Unfortunately I brought awful allergies home with me so I thought this picture was very suitable since it's exactly how I'm feeling right now! :(

We mainly went for our visit, because Saturday was our friend Mark's surprise birthday party. I have looked forward to this all week since all I've been doing lately is job hunt. He completely fell for the surprise which his wife, Crystal, was very happy about. It was great just catching up, enjoying a great meal, and dancing the night away from classic country to old school 80's. We helped clean up after the party was over then went over to Mark and Crystal's to wind down and relaxed in their hot tub.

One of the things I was most grateful about was their inviting me to go with them to Schlitterbahn next week! Quade leaves this Sunday for 3 weeks to go to North Dakota for work and I figured I would just be going to spend most of it with my family. I do miss my family and I plan to go spend time with them as well. So Sunday morning after I've dropped Quade off at the airport I'll probably go to church with my family then leave for our friend's house. Monday is the Praha picnic for the 156th Prazska Pout celebration. All new to this southern Baptist gal who is still baffled by the fact that you can get as drunk as you want to at a church picnic and it's ok. HA!



All this for last year's church picnic!

Tuesday we are Schlitterbahn bound! I haven't been in probably 3 years at least so I am soooo excited!!



That's our plans so far for next week but who knows what else with these girls!!


I'm going to miss my hubby so much but I figure as long as I keep myself busy it'll go by fast!



What else do you think I should do to help time fly?!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, so sorry to hear about your allergies. I also suffer from allergies and I HATE it! I'm glad you had a good weekend though.
    Have you read the book "The Help"? I've heard it's AMAZING and I'm wanting to start redaing it soon so I can go see the movie. Maybe that will pass some time??

    ReplyDelete