Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Hump Day and Update!


Happy Hump Day everyone!

I know several of you are happy that you have a 4 day weekend coming up. Even though I'm not working, I'm happy for it too since my hubby will be off work and is coming home finally on Saturday!!!!!!! It's been a long nearly 3 weeks, but I know I can make it 3 more days. :)

I also wanted to update everyone on what I've been up to. Last weekend my mom, dad, sister, puppy, Tex, and I loaded up to go celebrate my parent's 31st anniversary in Austin at a resort called The Island on Lake Travis! 


It was so beautiful!! This picture shows how high the water should be, but it's much lower right now with the drought.


The front gate was gorgeous with the stone and statues!


The views outside were awesome!!



I loved the quiet and lush courtyards :)


Friday night, we ate at the restaurant there at the resort. We literally had to just walk around the corner from our condo and we were at the restaurant! 



This was the balcony area at the restaurant 

My mom, sister, and I all got the tilapia tacos and they were so delicious!! I wish I had taken a picture but my phone was charging back in our condo.


There were deer everywhere and this had to be one of the prettiest bucks I'd ever seen!

They were setting up for karaoke after we finished dinner, but when we came back later to sing there was hardly anybody there. Instead we decided to watch Napoleon Dynamite back in our condo.

Saturday... 


The outside pool was great BUT...



This is where I spent most of my time!!


Late Saturday afternoon, my sister and I came back and we've been spending a lot of great time together before I head back to hubby and I's home tomorrow. 


I'm hoping to go out one more time Friday night before hubby flys in Saturday night, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do.


Any ideas?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment