Monday, July 12, 2010

Ben and Katie's Wedding and To Grandmother's House We Go

Friday night, Quade and I had a very special wedding to go. It was special because it was only for closest friends and family of our friends Katie and Ben! It was at the 7F Lodge in College Station and it was beautiful! I was worried for her since it had been raining earlier in the day and even though there is a small chapel, the ceremony takes place in outside in front of the chapel.


The family and bridesmaids walked down the small aisle to Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" and at the part when the music gets loudest and the chorus joins in near the end of the song the doors at the back flew open and the bride and father walked through. I swear it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen! The groom was basically sobbing almost and the bride's lips were quivering as she mouthed "I love you" to him. I had tears pouring out of me at this point and again when they said their own personally written vows.


My face was bad enough Quade and I had to walk back to his truck for me to fix my make up again! Kinda embarassing!

Unfortunately, in our absence, we ended up having to get a table on the covered dance floor outside where the humidity was still horrible from the short rain shower they had before the wedding. The cakes were great and tasted even better!! Katie's mom is the cake baker that did theirs cakes and will be doing ours as well. Hers was a delicious white chocolate flavor that I will probably end up stealing (I'll ask her first) and his cake was regular chocolate that he designed himself with a golf theme. If you look close you'll see the golf items are in the shape of a "B" for Ben. I loved it!



The catering company they used for dinner was friends of ours who we will also be using since we told Katie about them and they are great and reasonable. The speeches were so sweet (cried again) and the DJ made everyone dance the night away!! I just hate that the heat/humidity was so bad and the wine selection was OK. You can see just how bad the heat/humidity was by how bad I look in the picture of me and Katie!


Sunday we FINALLY got to make the 3 hour drive to visit my Grandma to ask her husband if he would do the honor of marrying us. After my Grandpa died, my Grandma had been so used to being married (she was 18 when they married) that she got to know her pastor more and they were married about a year after my Grandpa's death. It was hard at first on us, but over time I have seen the care he has for her and the way Quade has bonded with him when they have visited together so it made sense to ask him to do the honors. We went to church with them and took them out to lunch after service at Lone Star Cafe which was some good home style cooking...and very yummy!! We drove back to their house after lunch and caught up on all that had been going on then officially asked. I knew Bro. Bob would probably tease about living that long, he really isn't that old, but after asking when the big day was he did said he would!! So, now we have a pastor!!!!

My dad is actually started to get involved!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! You would understand how BIGGGGG this is if you knew my dad like I do. We had a great talk when Quade left my house last night and even gave us a great idea for who we could use as a pre-marital counselor. :) Still having a hard time with trying to make him understand how important a good photographer and cake is, but he does always end with I want you to have a wonderful wedding day so I should still get what I want in the end!

3 comments:

  1. Those cakes look yummy!

    I love weddings, even though I haven't been to that many. I would love to get married outside...but it is sooo humid here in KY, the weather is unpredictable, my eyes are sensitive because they are blue (I would be constantly squinting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that sounds like a beautiful wedding! I love the little chapel! And it's great to have touching moments like their entrance. It hit me so hard as my dad and I were about to walk down to the aisle but I tried my best to keep back the tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding! Love the chapel and the cake!! Glad y'all were able to ask your Grandma if her husband would do the honor in marrying y'all!

    ReplyDelete