Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bye bye cruise wedding...Hello dream wedding!!

I FINALLY CONVINCED MY PARENTS INTO MY FRAME OF MIND! And yes that did deserve all big letters! I am finally getting my dream wedding! My friends, the church, the cake (and eat it too lol), my family, the dancing, and best of all, a HAPPY future husband! I was worried that Quade would be disappointed because the cruise wedding meant having a paid for honeymoon and some forgiven debt he owes my dad. But, he is almost as thrilled as me.

So..how it all happened is a funny story. Sunday morning at church, one of the ladies was talking to me about the slip she is giving me for my dress from her daughter's wedding. I told her that'd be great even if we're probably getting married on a cruise. She then gave me a look like I had just stabbed her in the heart because she wouldn't be able to see me on my wedding day in my dress. So Sunday evening comes and she and I think some of the other ladies had talked and approached my parents saying THEY wanting to plan and do my wedding! Well my parents were speechless until they got home, where I was, and were very embarrassed. In no time at all we were planning again for June 11, 2011 where I will get married in my home church and this week we are booking the event center in Brenham!
My church


Front of my reception hall


We have a caterer in mind, planner in mind, and dress is almost all mine. I missed this wedding planning so much! It'll be a nice break away from when I've been studying which looks like I will be doing a lot of again this semester. In the end, it'll all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment