Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not the Best Start to the New Year

Well officially Happy New Year! Can't believe it's the 5th day of the new year and I'm just not posting but that's how crazy it has already been. Well unfortunately my New Years Eve plans weren't all that great. My church in Brenham has a barn party every year that Quade and I have missed every year since we've always been lucky enough to have other plans. I have to say it was pretty fun but right at the end as we were getting ready to leave, my throat became sore and ever since then I have been as sick as a dog. The sore throat as now turned into a hoarse throat and I keep coughing up nasty stuff and have an ear infection in both ears. So, definitely not the Happy New Year I was hoping for...oh but wait there’s more. Now, I am going to be graduating in December from A&M because of many different reasons. In the end, I'm actually happy it's happening this way. This semester should be a good one since I only have one class at A&M and one online math through Houston Community College. This way I can be more available for my family and more so my sister as the time comes closer and closer when we get the call for her heart and dual lung transplant. Bad part is I may not have a need for having an apartment, according to my dad, this semester when I am not a full time student. I desperately need it to be able to escape to and get work done without distraction of family and drama. I'm now student teaching in the Fall so hopefully my sister's surgery will be done and behind us by then and I will have a more clear schedule and can give of myself more fully as a teacher without distraction.
ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE

The wedding...well I guess positive. I have been so excited about June 11, 2011 and preparations and getting my dress and now everything may be changing. Just the other evening, my mom and Quade were talking and began to fantasize again, we considered a while back, about a cruise wedding. My parents are, how you stay, anti-big wedding so when this idea surfaced again, it was terribly hard for my mom not to run squealing with delight from the room to my dad to say I was actually open to the idea again. Now, that I've been researching it more, I'm becoming more closed to the idea because there is so many limitations to the guest list and the reception packages are very expensive which would mean cutting the guest list drastically. Now, Quade swears that his family would throw us a great reception when we come back in Yoakum. But I'm the girl who wants to have everything in one day with ALL my family and friends. If we were to do this cruise wedding, it would be on a Sunday most definitely since that's when most cruises sail out of Galveston. Which brings me to my next point, Galveston. Sooooo many people wouldn't be able to come because it's that far away or nightmarish thing…"certain" people that are invited may decide to book the cruise which is also going to be our HONEYMOON. With some people that might be fun, but my mom is seriously already talking about her and my dad going on the same cruise!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I'm shivering at the thought!! Now everyone is just hoping and praying that I agree to do this for their sanity so I'm feeling so much pressure. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know the cliché it's MY day but really it's not since I am not paying for it. My dad will be and he'd much rather pay for it this way. In the end, it's very close in price because I would want the reception, photography, flowers, dancing...the works....and bottom line. I CAN'T HAVE IT! So fellow friends and readers..I NEED ADVICE!!!! Maybe I should just start playing the lotto and then I could pay for it.

1 comment:

  1. I drive 20 minutes to school everyday and my dad refuses to help me pay for an apartment because he says I can just live at home. I wish I had somewhere to escape to. Small world but I am good friends with the Roemer family from Brenham. I don't remember if I told you that before. Charlotte used to own the Hallmark she just sold it, and then her sons are Jason and Joel. I am thinking Joel might be kind of close to you in age... he will be 23 this Feb. Small world!

    ReplyDelete