Monday, January 18, 2010

She's On The List!

Our prayers have been answered and my sister, Courtney, is officially on the transplant list for a new heart and lungs!! But..doesn't mean our prayers are over by any means. Now we are waiting to hear just how high on the list she is for her organs. A patient is only allowed transplant if they have insurance which we do have but it takes several days for insurance to get approved. As of Thursday, she was put on the list. We are expecting to know just how high she is on the list either tomorrow or Wednesday possibly. So thank you so much for your prayers and please continue!


School is back! Tomorrow is the first day of classes at A&M, but thankfully I get an extra day and Wednesday is when Senior methods meets for the first time. I also have an online math class that starts tomorrow through Houston Community College that should be a breeze according to my friend Christa. I found out that I will be taking classes and in a school again this semester which in a lot of ways is a blessing in disguise because I will still be available for my sister when the time comes that we get THE PHONE CALL. I'm just glad that I won't be with the same teacher that I was supposed to have been with for student teaching. Just heard some things that had me very worried, but now that's all in the past. I think it's going to be a great semester since I already know what to expect, I'll have my great friend Christa in all my classes, I'll be wedding planning (whether it's on a cruise or at home I still don't know), and, most hopeful of all, my sister will finally be able to live life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment