Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fellowship Wednesday and More Wedding Advice Needed

Well, I'm finally feeling a little better! I was able to get up enough energy to get fixed up and go to my mid week church fellowship with Quade so....good signs! I haven't been to my church's Wednesday night fellowship in a while and after tonight it made a little sad that I haven’t. I really enjoyed it! I want to be able to start sharing what I learn on here because God is so very important in my life and I want the same for my readers. Our lesson tonight was over the lead up to Judas' betrayal of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and Jesus telling Peter that he would deny him 3 times. What I never thought about before tonight was when we reached the part where Peter, James and John are falling asleep while Jesus is praying one final time to God before being taken. Jesus asked them to “keep watch and pray” while he was alone praying to God. Every time he came back, the disciples were fast asleep. The irony, or maybe not so ironic, is that Jesus left and came back 3 TIMES and each time they had let Jesus down and fallen asleep. If you don’t believe me then you can check out Mark 14:34-41. This isn’t irony that I was joking about...this is prophecy being fulfilled after he said it would. The heaviest verse, however, to me is verse 41 where Jesus returns the third time and tells them to “Sleep on now… for the hour is come.” I can just imagine how many times during Jesus’ crucifixion that Peter, James, and John replayed those words in their minds. The disciples ran out of time to obey what Jesus was asking them to do and they blew it. It pains me because I know I do this too. Pretty enlightening stuff and I welcome you to share your thoughts, stories, or even questions with me concerning anything! :)

It looks like my wedding just might be sometime June 2011 on a cruise after all. The more I think about how much money it will save and how wonderful it could be, I'm feeling better about it. I am starting to make a list of questions of what I want to ask our travel agent and/or wedding coordinator for whichever cruise line we go on. It has to be either Royal Caribbean or Carnival but I'm not sure which. There are different pros and cons to each and here are some. Carnival....the wedding package is much more reasonable than Royal Caribbean, it includes more of the typical wedding ceremony and reception and I can have more guests for a better price with them as well. Bad things, I have been on BOTH of the ships that sail out of Galveston for Carnival and even though cruising is totally new for Quade, I would like to enjoy new things as well. Not too much to ask for my honeymoon I don't think. Royal Caribbean....completely new territory for me! Never have been on one and I've heard great things for this cruise line. The ships are much bigger and more luxurious, BUT much more expensive. We want to splurge and get a suite on either ship we choose and if we do this on Royal Caribbean we lose a lot of money. I’m also more limited with the guest list, decorations, and food options for the reception. So, this is where y’all come in! If you have been on one, heard things about either Carnival or Royal Caribbean, or any advice at all you would greatly help me in deciding......


OR

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog look! A cruise wedding probably would be a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete