Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can't Sleep So Here Goes...

I've been putting off this posting because for whatever reason I cannot get my camera to upload any pictures and I really want to get this written before 7:30AM for reasons that you will read ahead.

Our fun wedding weekend was great. Even though I do not have proof to show yet, I got some great pictures and will get some posted hopefully when I figure out why my camera won't upload pictures.

This week, we have been in Houston on Monday and now Wednesday for continued preparations for my sister’s imminent heart and lungs transplant. This may or may not come as a surprise to you if you read my previous post back in December. Monday, I thought would be the day we officially found out if she was on the list or not, but now we've discovered that at 7:30 this morning (Thursday), a team of doctors, my sister's cardiologist, and other personnel will be deciding on if she does in fact go on the organ list and, most importantly, how long it will be before she can get the transplants. The doctor we spoke to today at St. Luke’s has no reason to believe she won't be put on the list. The only thing he is concerned is how long before it happens or her “score” as they call it. The thing that still shocks me to no end is how ready my sister really is. I did not realize until today in the examination room how much she wants this to be done soon. She is ready for a more fulfilling life and even though she knows the risks, she has no doubts that anything will go wrong but at the same time is prepared for anything that happens. I guess I'm just more hesitant since she gets to sleep during the whole thing and my family and I will be awake and biting our nails until it's all over!! I want this for her more than anything, but I want it with no PAIN, no WAITING, no RISKS, and no UNPLEASANT ASPECTS AT ALL! In truth, I know if everything were to happen this way, it would not build as much character and MOST DEFINITELY would not build as much faith as it will once this is all over. She is so incredibly brave and I only wish that I was half the woman that she has proved to be and she deserves so much. So please, if you read this before then, anytime tomorrow, and especially throughout this whole process, pray for her and for all of us. We know this is something that will not happen very soon, but the sooner the better. To give an idea, the doctor on Monday told us that on average, the wait time for organs is 6 months and this is even more complicated than average possibly because it's a heart and 2 lungs. Thank you in advance for all your prayers and we know for a fact that God is in control no matter what and his plan will be done.


My sister being silly as usual at an Aggie football game

As soon as I know anything I will be posting.

1 comment: