Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catching Up Again: Days 6, 7, and 8

I really feel bad that I haven't kept up on the 30 day challenge like I have wanted to, but a lot has gone on in the last few days. My hubby ended up being asked to go out of state for work again and this time to Little Rock, Arkansas for a week and a half. :( I was excited because that's only about a 7 and a half hours drive from here so I was going to load up Rowdy on Friday and go. Well, yesterday I discovered that Rowdy has worms so I had to take him to the vet and he was treated, got his first shots, and ended up with ear mites as well. So very sad day for Rowdy and now I can't go to see hubby in Arkansas. I am looking forward to going out to dinner with my old roommates when I was at A&M tonight and my sister is coming to see me. At least Quade will be back next Friday instead of another 3 week trip.

  
 Day 6: Movies

  
I really love romantic chick flicks and comedies. I'll list some of my favorites into two groups.

Romantic chick flicks
The Notebook
A Walk to Remember
Sweet Home Alabama
Legally Blonde
Moulin Rouge
Father of the Bride 1 and 2
Grease
Sex and the City Movie
The Holiday

Comedies
Anchorman
Talledega Nights
Night at the Roxbury

Elf (love Will Ferrell if you couldn't tell)
Office Space
Zoolander
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers


Day 7: Favorite Vacation


NASHVILLE!!!

I fell in love with this town the first time my parents took me! Since then we've been back many more times. Here's my favorite things to do in Nashville!


Country Music Hall of Fame


Ryman Auditorium
 

Gaylord Opryland Resort and Hotel..Best hotel in town!!

Just look at the inside!
And you have to go at Christmas time.....


Day 8: Friends
I guess the same goes for everyone when I say that I've had friends who have come and gone. Some have even come back and we're stronger than before. Below are some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!!

  
Left to right: Christa, Tricia, Courtney (sister), me, Kayla, Bonnie, and Katie

Tricia and Glenn then Crystal and Mark are father down. Both started out good friends of Quades and now are mine too. They were they ones who invited me to Schlitterbahn when hubby was out of town the first time. :)


Sarah and Kevin are Quade and I's probably closest friends combined. Kevin was his best man and I know Sarah would drop anything to help me or any friend in need. It's always great having other married friends to do things together!!


My friend Alysha is from Canada. We met when we were 13 on a cruise and we've kept contact ever since. I was so grateful she flew to Texas just for my wedding!


Childhood friends still closer than ever. Tricia, Kayla, Lindsey, and I have lost touch and come back together many times, but my wedding showed that we'll always be best friends! :)


Hope I can stay caught up now!

2 comments:

  1. nashville looks absolutely beautiful -- i would love to travel there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Nashville!!! I just love country music and southern hospitality!

    So sorry you cannot go visit the hubby! Hope Rowdy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete