Monday, September 19, 2011

Days 16, 17, 18, and 19

Man I really did not think I would get this far behind but I did. We had a very busy weekend! First, Quade coming home Friday night which is so wonderful having him back!!! Saturday, his brother came to stay with us as well as my old roommate and her boyfriend so we could all go to the A&M football game together. WE WON which made it even more awesome! Sunday, we spent most of the day just relaxing and watched X Men: First Class which was really pretty good. Today, I am very late in posting because.....I may have a job hopefully!!!!!!!! What's so wonderful is that it's at the church that the hubby and I have been visiting and just the idea of being able to serve God in the church while making a living just excites me. The interview went very well this morning I thought and his words were "He was very impressed" and "I set the bar very high!" since I was the first one interviewed. So please prayers are very much appreciated!! :)

Now on to Katie's 30 day challenge..



Day 16: 5 Blogs

1. According to Christa

According to Christa

2. Everything Happens For a Reason


 3. Katie's Journey


4. Life With The Edwards

5. Ashley's Carnival Ride

Ashley’s Carnival Ride


Day 17: Regrets
I don't like to use the word "regret" for anything honestly but there are lessons I have learned from making certain decisions. I do wish that I would have gotten more involved while I was going to A&M. I would always take the first step and go to the open house and talk to a few groups, but my problem was following through. I wanted whatever time I wasn't studying to be able to devote to being with Quade. The reason I don't regret it too much....duh he's my husband now! :)

I wish I would have gotten up earlier in the morning when I was living at home to have coffee with my mom and dad. When Quade was out of town and I was staying with my family, I did not take this for granted and I am so glad I didn't. Even though I don't like to think of it this way, one day when they are gone to heaven, I will cherish those moments more than anything!

Day 18: Something You Miss


There are days I miss being down the hallway from my sister. I know that she is just a phone call away, and I am grateful for that, but it's not the same as being in the same room with her. I am so very happy to be married and to wake up next to my hubby every day...I would not ever want to change that! I just know that I need to remind my sister that I do cherish all the many memories we have shared talking in each other's bedrooms or even simply enjoying the silence in the same room.

Day 19: Nicknames

I really only have one nickname that either my dad or Quade calls me. Quade loves to call me Mikey Renee which bugs me to no end! Mainly because I was teased by the nickname Mikey in elementary school. :( I try not to let it get to me because I know he isn't doing it to hurt me, but out of adoration. That's exactly what he called me when he proposed, "Mikey Renee, will you marry me?" I guess I gotta let it go sometime. My dad will just call me Mikey, but it's different coming from him since his name is Mike and he likes that I'm named after him.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much girlie :)

    Good luck... hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a couple days late in posting a comment, but glad that you had a good weekend, and hopeful thoughts and prayers to you on the job front :)

    ReplyDelete