Thursday, September 15, 2011

Days 13, 14, and 15

First of all, thank you to those for your kind words and prayers after my last post!! I am in a much better place now and a lot of it had to do with you and my prayer group at church last night. It's amazing how God can transform our minds through prayer, His word, and the people He brings into our path when we need them most. :)

 
Day 13: Quotes and Verses

 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.   
James 1:2-4

This is my favorite verse in the Bible, because it applies so much to my life. I know trials are going to happen no matter what, but the way we react to those trials makes our rewards in heaven even greater. I have to remind myself of this every day.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will; 
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
A men.

 Day 14: I am looking forward to...

1. My hubby finally coming home tomorrow night!!

2. Prayerfully hearing that my sister passes her court reporting state board exam Saturday morning!

3. Going to the Texas Aggies vs. Idaho Vandals game Saturday night with our friends and my brother-in-law who's coming to visit.

4. Hopefully getting an interview for a couple possible jobs that have come up *fingers crossed*

Day 15: New Bloggers

1. Don't be afraid to be yourself or to talk about your real feelings! I am so glad that I've always been honest about who I am and how I'm feeling. I may not have a lot of followers, but that's OK because I know the ones that do are the ones who really care. :)

2. Have fun doing it! I have always enjoyed blogging and being able to talk about whatever I want to talk about. It'll be why you come back to read it again and again when you're older too. 

3. Link up with other blogs! I love doing these blog hops especially and also the weekly link ups such as What I'm Loving Wednesdays and Thoughtless Thursdays.  

2 comments:

  1. i love the serenity prayer ... i actually have a copy of it hanging next to my desk for the extra stressful days =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The serenity prayer is one of my favorites! I say it often!

    ReplyDelete