Monday, September 12, 2011

Days 10, 11, and 12

I just need to start today's post with how low I'm feeling. I don't normally like to express my sadness on my blog unless it's something like missing my hubby or similar thoughts. Today, unfortunately, it's a little more. I found out that a job that I was really thinking I got was a scam. They wanted my credit score which should've been a red flag immediately, but for someone who is desperate for a job I didn't look deep enough so now I'm back to the beginning. Lesson learned and please DON'T make the same mistake I did! Quade still has until Friday until he comes back from Little Rock, Arkansas so his being so far away isn't helping. Rowdy is at least feeling better which is a silver lining in the dark clouds right now. I'm going to my friend Christa's tonight to watch the finale of Bachelor Pad so I'm trying to keep my mind on that. I'm sorry I just had to vent a little before catching up (again) on Katie's blog challenge.


Day 10: Special Someone

I met Quade back in July 2006 when I started working for KTEX radio station in my hometown. He likes to tell people now that when we met he "trained" me because that's really exactly what he did...at work. :)  We spent the next 5 months flirting if we were working the same night and slowly becoming friends. I bumped into him one night at the Texas Hall of Fame when I was out with some friends and he asked me to dance. When the dance was over, he told me I could find him later and we'd dance again. I got brave and went looking for him later, only to find him with a different dance partner for the next several songs and got turned off. Thank goodness that's not how the story ends though...fast forward to our annual work Christmas party. Technically, he had a date but it was his best friend from work and he told me she forced him to be her date. We pretty much never left each other's side all night. Maybe it was the liquid encouragement and maybe not, but at the end of the night he asked if I would want to go to the Hall with him to see Reckless Kelly that coming Wednesday and I told him sure and to just give me a call. What I didn't find out until much later was that night after the party I had told him I had to go up to the station to finish some work. I didn't realize until I got in my car that I needed gas. I started driving toward the gas station first before going to the radio station and I noticed he drove toward the radio station. He had told his "date" that he forgot his schedule at work so he could ask me for my phone number. Well, I wasn't there, of course, so Wednesday rolls around he uses the work phone list to call me. I thought he was so cute when he apologized that he had used the work phone list to get my number. I was just thrilled that he hadn't changed his mind and was calling to ask me! That night we had a blast! I loved meeting his friends, but most of all, I loved the way he reacted to me telling him that I had rheumatoid arthritis. I fell for him the moment he made sure I always had a place to sit so I wasn't in pain. The following almost 3 years we made our relationship official, I met his family, we fell deeper and deeper in love, and on October 19, 2009, he asked me to marry him. Yesterday marked 3 months that we've been married and I love him more today than I did when I fell for him on that very first date!! :D



Day 11: Fears

Right now, my worst fear is not being able to get a job. The main reason my hubby keeps travelling is so we have extra money until I can get a job. I want him to stop leaving so I keep blaming myself that I'm the reason he has to go. 

Another fear I have is thunderstorms at night. During the day I love them, but the loud clapping thunder when I'm trying to sleep gets me every time. I've gotten a little better over the years, but not completely.

My last and most nagging fear is always having rheumatoid arthritis for the rest of my life. I know there is big chance that this will happen, but I also know that God is the Great Physician and He can heal me at any time. I will never stop praying that He would heal me.

Day 12: Goals

My main goal is also my first fear which would be to get a job very soon. I really need a part time, office job so I can stay off my feet as much as possible and make just enough money to keep my SSI disability money every month and my Medicare. 

I want to continue to be the best wife I can possibly be which would be the Proverbs 31 wife. It's the type of wife that I need to live up to and become. 

I want to find a new medicine that will help the increased pain that I've been having in my joints lately. Tomorrow I go back to a medicine that I've tried before that they've revamped so I'm praying that it will do the trick. 

Last and most important, I want to be the kind of follower that Christ wants me to be. One that desires to live out His will every day and share His word with friends, family, and anyone who does not know Jesus as their personal Savior. I may be down in my life right now, but I know will Christ all things are possible and He WILL take care of all my needs (Philippians 4:13-19).      
 


3 comments:

  1. I hate it when B goes out of town - he is out of town the 3 weeks at the moment. The thing is he loves being out there with the rocks (hes a geologist) and for now - he loves that he gets to be in the field because there will be a time when he will be a "desk" geologist - pays more, but not in the field.

    So I try to keep myself busy - I workout, watch movies he wouldn't normally want to watch, make lots of plans with my girlfriends and just make the time pass. I also read - LOTS.

    Get yourself a library card - it is really great and FREE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you friend! I hope that you and Christa were able to have a worry free evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you & your job search! I hope you find something that will help you keep yourself healthy & feeling well :) My husband works all of the time - 85 hrs a week & exhausted when home, use your friends (and blog) to pour out your feelings ... I've found it helps when he's not around!

    ReplyDelete