Monday, September 5, 2011

Days 4 and 5: Family and Happy Picture


I was really hoping I would not get behind in Katie's 30 day challenge but my reasoning kind of fits into Day 5's topic!

First, I'll catch up with Day 4

Family


I've already talked some about my family, but I'll be more detailed today. I consider myself so very blessed to have such a close and God-centered family! My parents are the salt of the earth!! My dad has been a wonderful provider all my life with our family business, M&C Equipment. You can check out our family business website by clicking here. We've been in successful business for over 20 years and the company is actually named after my sister and I..."M" for Michal and "C" for Courtney so I was always kind of proud of that and still am. :)

My mom has always stayed home with my sister and I. She actually helped homeschool us through junior high and high school. My mom and I have been especially close over the years and I know I can go to her about almost anything! Most of my friends see me my mom in me more than my dad and I take that as a great compliment, because she is extremely compassionate, strong in her walk with the Lord, and very beautiful!!


My sister is my very best friend in the entire world! She is exactly one year and 11 days younger than me so we have always been exceptionally close. I already shared the link with you on Day 1 about the heart and double lung transplant she had last year on July 22nd and I am so grateful that she is doing so wonderful today and making great steps in the next chapter in her amazing life. She will for ever be my heart's confidant and role model in her strength and determination.

Now, I told you at the beginning of this post that why I got a day behind had to do with today's topic and here's why...


Meet the newest member of my little newlywed family, ROWDY!! Quade and I have just fallen head over heels for this little Shih Tzu and we just got him yesterday! Quade has promised me since before our wedding that his present to me some day would be a fuzzy, adorable puppy that I have been wanting and he full-heartily kept his promise!! He was born on 4th of July so as of yesterday he is 2 months old. We thought we should have given him a patriotic name, but we both wanted an Aggie name more. We thought long and hard before we came up with Rowdy because fans of Aggie basketball are called "Reed Rowdies" and my family is hardcore Aggie women's basketball fans (they were national champions last year...WHOOP!!) We just liked how Rowdy Reed sounded better than Reed Rowdy. :)   

Have a wonderful Labor Day!!
     

1 comment: